Is paranormal unity just a dream? It never fails to amaze me just how much drama is brought into the paranormal field as a whole. Too many times I have seen groups part because one person felt the ghost of Grandpa Joe said “dead” and not “red”.
I mean really people? I have been in this field for 20 some years and the more I see the more I really realize that paranormal unity will never happen. Why? Well the answer is pretty simple and you have to be able to see it from the outside to really see the issue.
Many of us fail to step back and see the harm this actually causes. I have taken it up on myself to compile a list of things I see from the outside, looking in.
1. There is way to much back stabbing! There is a saying that I live by and it’s “My back is not voice mail, if you have something to say then say it to my face.
If you feel that you wouldn’t say things to someone’s face then don’t say it behind their backs because truth of the matter, it’s always found out.
2. This field should not be a competition..it’s heartbreaking for me to see people in the field doing this.
We are all in this for the same reason. None of us know everything there is to know and no one is better then the other person. It’s not a matter of who has done things longer. It’s a matter of supporting each other, and learning from others, sharing different ideas, that makes us all human and very much equal.
3. Know when to agree to disagree on things. It’s really stupid to keep things going and going because someone gets butt hurt or offended by someone that does not think the same way as them. We are all different and it’s OK not to agree with someone. Whats not OK is for someone to continue to bash others all over the internet. (See number 1) It does not help matters and many times, just makes it worse.
4. Have an open mind..yes in this field it’s pretty apparent that we all have open minds but I am talking on a different level. Try to understand where the person is coming from and why they feel the way they do. This requires a look at your self and why you think the way you do. I myself am a very open minded person and I also love to study human behavior. There is a reason for everything that a person does and says. To really understand people you have to have some sort of understanding of psychology and human relations. This is something I did in college, and I have found it very helpful in every day life.
God made us all different for a reason, yes I agree I do look at some people and ask myself..Why are you so stupid?? I mean they really don’t know how stupid they sound because they feel the way they do and they are entitled to that.
5. Lastly..it is not up to us to change the way a person feels or what they believe. I personally do not believe in human spirits. I feel that way because I know what the Bible says about human spirits. I will say I use to believe that Grandpa Joe was floating down the hallway but the further I got into the field of deliverance I realized that wasn’t really Grandpa Joe floating down the hallway at all.
I wasn’t scared of Grandpa Joe in life so why would I be scared when he is floating down the hallway? I mean think about it. It’s not my place to change the way a person feels, if they believe in Grandpa Joe, I won’t push my beliefs on that person.
I will not put that person down for the way they believe. I once had a Wiccan student and trust I was put down for that but, truth is, I accept all. I am happy to say, that student is now a christian and devotes his life to God.
It truly was amazing to watch that change happen in his life. In short this is why things are the way they are in field. This field is hard anyway and no many take it serious and this is why..too much drama, too much back stabbing and way to many people thinking they are above others. Why not try to walk through this with each other? I think so much more really could be accomplished if we stop seeing the bad in everyone and focus on the good and trust every person does have good somewhere in their heart, even if they come across as a demon! It’s time to make that change, its time to work together and support each other, because lets face it..there are people out there that think we have lost our minds going into dark rooms talking to air!
Rhonda Kathryn Fulmer-Lazaroff